.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Personal Statement The Varsity Team Essay - 1354 Words

I lived in rural Northeast Mississippi in a town called Pontotoc. This area was better known for sports and sweet potato farming. I viewed reading as something that I would have to just bear through to get a decent grade, so that I could play on the varsity team. The school I attended did not have a staff of extraordinary English teachers they were people who just enjoyed reading and writing. Reading had never been received by me as something I would be interested in personally. That all changed in my tenth grade year when I had Mrs. Victoria Walkers as my English teacher! She was a normal height brunette haired lady, just a regular old teacher like the rest. She was a newer teacher at the high school and had become friends with my mother who also taught at the high school, which led to Mrs. Walker and me to becoming somewhat of friends. We had somewhat of a fun loving relationship, I would say, we would pick and joke with one another like I would with almost all of my teachers. She was just another small town teacher like all of my previous English teachers, I thought. Mrs. Walker had a hidden agenda to get all the good old boys like me to get interested into reading, and she looked forward to the challenge. It all started at the beginning of the 2009-2010 school year. I had Mrs. Walker’s English class for my first period of the day. The semester started off like every semester the first week we went over the syllabus, which was full of short stories and four books thatShow MoreRelatedMba Statement of Purpose973 Words   |  4 PagesRunning head: PERSONAL STATEMENT TO PURSUE AN MBA Personal Statement to Pursue an MBA My personal statement begins with my American journey. A journey of faith and courage in the face of adversity that has taken me to where I am today. And it remains still a work in progress. And an MBA will surely help accelerate that. I was sixteen years old when my family left the Philippines, my birthplace and migrated to the United States to pursue the American dream that many in theRead MoreThe Need Of Quality Medical Care932 Words   |  4 Pagespodiatrist office. Although these experiences can be limiting, the information gained in serving people is invaluable. Working with people to meet basic needs has shown me the importance of humbly approaching all scenarios and patients. I realize our personal growth should never slow down and we should never stop learning. I have been gifted with the ability to overcome a problem and find a solution or answer. I have learned, the best way to overcome a problem involves critical thinking. The reasonRead MoreThe Biography Of Samantha Smith Essay1625 Words   |  7 PagesCattlemen Association), NJAS (National Junior Angus Association), IJBA (Indiana Junior Beef Association), Sheridan Varsity Women’s Soccer and Varsity Baseball Manager. Samantha additionally was very active and played soccer year-round. She played varsity for her high school team being included in the starting line up as a freshman. However, she also played travel soccer for ZYSA on a premier team an age group up which traveled across Indiana and frequently visited states in the mid-west region. Not to mentionRead MoreBarack Obama Speech At Wakefield High School1025 Words   |  5 Pagesspeech with the intent to motivate students all around the world and personally as a student who has recently entered the academic community. Kairos has a basic definition of when times are right and within this speech Barack Obama first off makes a statement â€Å"...it’s your first day in a new school, so it’s understandable if you’re a little nervous. I imagine there are some seniors out there who are feeling pretty good right now, with just one more year to go. And no matter what grade you’re in, someRead MoreAn Individuals Leadership Skills1058 Words   |  5 Pagesthe court or sitting on the bench I had the natural ability to spot what needed to be done. I used this to improve my leadership skills. I led by my actions in most cases, but with my intuition I gained more confidence to express my thoughts to the team. Intuition, either taught or natural, is an important quality in all leaders. c) â€Å"The Law of Priorities† is basically how it sounds; to become a better leader, you need to continuouslyRead More The Aspects of Hazing1450 Words   |  6 Pagesconclude hazing creates a dividend between the society of fraternity and sorority organizations. No matter what direction one takes, both sides have the ability to propose a positive solution that will effectively help the effects of hazing. Once a personal analyzes the positive and negative aspects of hazing then he or she has the ability to propose a solution that will benefit both sides of hazing. The word hazing originates from a time during the 16th century when sailors would taunt new sailorsRead MoreBenjamin Franklin Mla Essay883 Words   |  4 Pagesthan Too Much Pleasure Benjamin Franklin argues that an overly excessive amount of something good is bad. I firmly agree with Franklin’s claim, and have seen the justification of this concept in American society, history, literature, and my own personal experiences. American society is notorious for the advocation of excess wealth and pleasure and the unanimous goal of expanding knowledge and possession. Franklin’s argument applies to American society through the lives of its people. Jimi HendrixRead MoreThe Tuskegee Of Tuskegee And Tuskegee979 Words   |  4 Pagesâ€Å"It’s because they told me I can’t, is the reason why I do it†- Oscar, one of the Tuskegee airmen in the play Fly. A statement that’s so strong that has been important for many people who faced difficulties in their life. The play shows support and great detail on the Tuskegee airmen and their struggles they faced during the WWII. They stand by their morals and accomplish their goal to be pilots. This play has several themes as an underdog story. Characteristics of the airmen and howRead MoreEvents That Shaped The Future Essay747 Words   |  3 PagesLizette Zavala Personal Statement Events That Shaped The Future Screams filled the room faster than light, the nurses shaking as they held the tools, blankets and little hat. The man in the corner whimpering before letting out a cry of anger. A single sigh came out of the tired doctor as he held the child in his arms. The screams being heard were not of the child, but of the mother who was sitting on the delivery bed with sweat and tears mixing together before falling off her chin. The doctorRead MoreAffects Of Title Ix Sports Law And Its Impact On Gender Equality1811 Words   |  8 Pages Especially in the participation and opportunities presented in sports in today’s culture. It also reflected perspectives of males and sports authorities. The data tables included in this paper were self-constructed. The data was collected from personal research of different areas in the athletic field of interest, specifically in basketball. Interdisciplinary approaches included were history, economics, and psychology. The history involved included the background and the initial reason for the

No comments:

Post a Comment