.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Psychology 285 Week 9 Final Essay

E preciseone has gather uped at point in their lives who am I? E genuinelyone go out go through colossal lengths to witness out exactly that answer. Because of that no topic in psychology at once is more heavily researched than self (Myers, D.G., 2012). These palpateings come about for a sum up of reasons. We develop a number of feelings for reasons that are related to group dynamics, genetics perhaps, and social twine. in that location are so mevery influences on the relationships that we develop.Self-conceptsT here(predicate) are so many awesome qualities about me Im honest, very giving, independent and opinionated how forever organism opinionated bunghole be a blessing and a curse. Growing up I remember earth in trouble so oftenmultiplication because of my mouth. I was the fictitious character of child that needed to get my point across and I was going to get out w despisever it was that I needed to cite My m opposite told me several times lately that she admires my courage when it comes to regulateing whats on my mind she hated it when I was growing up that she respects it now because she holds back a lot afraid to spill the beans up. Knowing that I am extremely opinionated I admit to be careful sometimes about the route that I say things to other people. This is because what I say may be without malicious bearing however it could come off that way if its not guardedly expressed I am so opinionated that I volition solicit my opinion to anyone with being asked to solicit it. Especi entirelyy when it comes to my little child she thinks that Im being hard on her however I tell her all the time the daylight I have zilch to say be worried, I talk because I care This brings me to being such a giving individual I would give my midsection if I was able to continue to live. I have given my final to so many and I expect absolutely nothing in return. I have learned that there is no greater lesson in liveliness than the one of being able to give. I am the type of person who will go through my son, daughter, finance and my protest clo checks rightful(prenominal) to see what they are no longer wearing to give it away(predicate) to someone else who can actually use it. I want to put d sustain great examples to my children I want them to pay if forward too but I want them to also know the difference between being a giving person and being an idiot This brings me to my independence in life. I am such a strong minded person, very level headed so I know what I want and I know exactly what I need to do to get to where I need to be, by myself My mother loves the independence in me but she hates the cogitate behind why Im so independent. That reason would be because I dont want to end up manage her shes so dependent on my stepfather that she has absolutely nothing on her own Her premiere car came from him the first time she moved into her own place was because of him, the raw(a) house the clothes on her back, the shoes on her feet, down to the food she eats. I dont want that for myself in any way. My fear is that if I allow someone to do anything in any form for me that they will throw it in my face later. eon my mother admires this quality about me my fianc hates it so very much. Hes unendingly fighting me not because he has nothing else to do but because he wants to do more. However along with the fear of having what was done thrown in my face another fear is to allow myself to comply with someone else doing something for me and they arent able to later than I feel like I set myself up for failure. This aspect of my life is revolved around issues of sureness in my opinion. I know that I have trust issues I am always afraid of being hurt in some way whether it be because I was let down or because my heart was broken. My world is great and everything is exactly the way it should be until someone else tries to help. This is what one would squall self-serving slash. Self-serving bias pl ays an extremely major part of exploit and anyone elses life we would all love to believe were a super hero all of the time, but when something goes wrong have you ever you ever seen the super hero take the pick? Never that is the comrades job The concept of self-serving bias has opened my eyeball up to taking more responsibility for my own actions and stop victimization the actions of others to feel better about a situation that has gone wrong. This is why now I feel that I have an internal venue of control I believe that I am what influence the peach effect of the events of my life. My actions have reaction weather I like the reactions or not they are still because of me and no one elseAttitudes and feelingsConfirmation bias influences the perception of yourself and the people around me because we all want what we believe to be true Take this for example my mother doesnt very much care for my fianc she doesnt really have a reason, because he does everything that he is suppos ed to do and more sure we have an argument here and there but to her its abusive. So she says thing like this down I told you he doesnt care about anyone but himself, flavor at at how he speaks to you he doesnt care. I explain to her that its unfair to say that about him especially when things were said in the raise up of the moment. Confirmation bias can destroy you because you are always looking for the next thing to support your beliefs. My sister thought that her husband was artifice with my cousin, (this was not true) so everything that my brother in law and cousin did together it was remote and because they were sleeping together. I tried so many times to tell her that they werent sleeping with one another but she had it in her head that they were so much that she actually pushed them together (self-fulfilling prophecy). She pushed and pushed so much that the untrue theory became true. I was hurt for her when this happened because these beliefs ended up generating t heir own confirmation. Behaviors influence placement in so many ways, each day of my life behaviors influence my attitude. My step brother for example to me his behavior is very perverted is says things about my little sisters that he should not referencing the rear ends and other parts of their bodies as well as mine extremely inappropriate this behavior influences my attitude towards him because I dont trust him as a result, I dont want him around any of our sisters, or my infant daughter, I dont even trust him around my son My attitude toward him is extremely negative and I hate when hes around.Another way that behavior affect attitude is through imitating your parents because the attitudes and beliefs of your parents have a strong impact on your life later. The topic of exhibiting the behavior of my parents brings me to gender roles. Our gender roles are defined by our own conceptions of being a male or female. Social influenceIn certain situations I am willing to conform to a degree, but I am not willing to conform altogether for an entire group to make it easier on the group. I enjoy being an individual I never want to blend in with the throng I always want to stand out. I know this because at act as there are so many groups of people who notwithstanding want to hang out with that group of people they are all so caught up with whos doing what and why that they entirely lose snap of why we are even at work in the first place. I on the other hand dont feel that I have the time for that its childish so I am all about my work and nothing else When our Post procure comes around they will all scrabble to go back to work or act as if they are working so that they wint get into trouble A person of authority influences faithfulness because the authority figure has the power to discipline.The foot in the door technique is one that is employ in my profession a lot when the new comers come on to the job a co-worker will began to ask for small favors and those small favors turn into large favors. I have used this technique in new relationships to see just how far I can get him to go for me. I will change in the presence of others depending on who the person is if its an elder I wint swear, if its a younger group of my peers I will relax more but it really depends on the group. When working with groups there are always slackers in the group they do the least expecting the selfsame(prenominal) amounts of credit. This is something that I have struggled with in school and in work because its completely unfair to the group. This is called being lazy and being lazy is completely unattractive.Factors that attract me to someone are whether or not they are intellectually stimulating to me, smart, fun loving, easy going, handsome, tall, and has a great sense of humor. Thats not to say that whats attractive to me is attractive to the next person. effective because they are attractive doesnt mean that everything is going to be great ther e may be some conflict and in solution conflict you must talk it out, speaking on your concerns and try development the I exercise saying how you feel as oppose to the blame game because no one will be receptive to that

No comments:

Post a Comment