.

Monday, January 20, 2020

Movie Response: Boys Don’t Cry Essay example -- Film Movie Boys Dont

Movie Response: Boys Don’t Cry   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  First I just want to say that if I didn’t have to watch this movie for class, then it wouldn’t normally appeal for me to watch it. I didn’t have anything against this movie; I just personally do not like watching movies that have a negative vibe like it did at the end of this movie. I know that this movie was supposed to be based on the true story of Teena Brandon, however, after watching this movie, I looked up the true story and it turned out that the movie was really faithful to the actual real life events that occurred.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  At first, as I was watching the movie, I was confused as to why Teena wanted to dress up at as a man and be called Brandon. I thought that maybe she was just lesbian that didn’t like dressing like a girl and wanted more of the masculine look. But then I found out that she was just having issues with not feeling right being a woman. She felt that she was stuck inside the wrong body. That’s why she wanted to dress up as a man, and later on actually be able to get the operation that would make her a man physically.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Throughout the movie, I really wanted her to go back home and leave those people she met at the bar. Personally, I could tell that those people were not, â€Å"good people.† They seemed like they didn’t have their life straight. It seemed like Teena/Brandon wanted to leave, but for some reason, she decided to stay. I think it was mainly because she felt that she was accepted by them, mainly becau...

No comments:

Post a Comment